AMD Catalyst/Whatever ignores position settings

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
isecore

AMD Catalyst/Whatever ignores position settings

Post by isecore »

This is starting to get REALLY annoying. Every time I start/login to my machine I have to fire up amdcccle to reposition my monitors.

I have to monitors, one 27" running at 2560x1440 and to the right of it I have a 24" running at 1920x1080. I have set their respective positions just the way I want it in xorg.conf and this works at the login/mdm screen. The right one is set at position 2560/360 so it roughly matches their physical placement since the right is slightly lower than the left primary one.

However, as soon as I'm logged in fglrx resets the monitors to some weird-ass unusable configuration where the right one is about 200px ABOVE the left primary one. This is incredibly frustrating, having to reset the positions to the way I want them EVERY time I login. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I've tried manually editing xorg.conf as well as using aticonfig -i /etc/X11/xorg.conf to try updating it's "internal DB" whatever the hell that might be, but to no avail.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
niowluka

Re: AMD Catalyst/Whatever ignores position settings

Post by niowluka »

Post your xorg.conf.

Return to “Hardware Support”