Default USB mount options + sleep mode (Toshiba)

Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Default USB mount options + sleep mode (Toshiba)

Postby ezuk on Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:42 pm

Hello,

I've installed Elyssa on my Toshiba laptop from a USB disk (CDROM is out of commission). I have a couple of issues I wanted to see if anyone could help me with:

1) Initially, I had trouble mounting the USB drive for writing. I messed around with the gconf-editor VFAT mounting options, to no avail. Finally I figured out the problem is with the fstab. But by the time I fixed FSTAB, the default mounting options in gconf were mangled beyond recognition. So now I can't mount USB disks, and probably can't mount anything else really.

So -- can anyone please point me to a full list of default mount options as appear in gconf-editor in a vanilla Elyssa install?

2) My Toshiba laptop won't go to sleep. I've read the lengthy thread here about Toshiba power problems... Any other advice? How can I make it sleep? Should I try another distro, or is this a config thing?

Thank you.
ezuk
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Default USB mount options + sleep mode (Toshiba)

Postby ezuk on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:19 pm

Bump?

The default USB options is really simple. If there's a person here willing to help, just run gconf-edit, go to the mount options for VFAT and tell me what it says there...
ezuk
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Default USB mount options + sleep mode (Toshiba)

Postby Guest on Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:31 pm

on my desktop Debian Lenny
system->storage->default_options->vfat
key name = "mount_options"
Value1 = "shortname=lower"
Value2 = "uid="

:? Mike10

Return to Hardware Support