Operational Problems

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wp172miguel

Operational Problems

Post by wp172miguel »

Dear Sirs, I have problems with the latest version of Mint 17 Compared to Mint 16 I had no problems with this new version, I have 1001 errors, especially and most important are:
Overall performance of any operating system activity (not working icons, open tabs etc. ..)
Shutting down the system monitor as if in sleep mode, but unable to do anything.
In my case it is more important errors, especially the most annoying, since it involves a shutdown / restart system, losing all activity you were doing before.
I've spent years using Linux, and I've never had this problem.
Thanks and I hope a solution, or return to Mint 16, which did not fail.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kyphi
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Operational Problems

Post by kyphi »

How did you upgrade from Linux Mint 16 to 17 ?

The recommendation has always been to do so via a fresh installation. Did you check the integrity of your downloaded ISO before installing?

Considering the number of malfunctions you are experiencing I suggest a fresh install. Your options are to install Linux Mint 13 which is supported until 2017 or Linux Mint 17 which is supported until 2019.
You cannot revert to Linux Mint 16 since that was an incremental release and is no longer supported and is now obsolete.
Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon

Return to “Hardware Support”