Mouse

Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Mouse

Postby osurshaney on Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:44 am

I have a Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 USB and PS2 compatible 5 button mouse. I have installed Linux Mint Daryna and everything is working fine except the side buttons don't work. What can I do to enable the side buttons? The normal functions for these buttons are page forward and back. It is a great feature when it works. Any ideas?
osurshaney
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Mouse

Postby grimdestripador on Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:29 am

Are you using linux mint main eddition?

If you are using KDE community edition then there should be some mouse settings in the control center.
grimdestripador
Level 6
Level 6

Postby osurshaney on Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:31 am

I am but in the control center it only gives me mouse orientation(left-handed mouse), double click timeout and motion. Any ideas
osurshaney
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Ertan on Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:56 pm

I had similar problem like you (I posted it here: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=18464 ). I solved it with program BTNX ( viewtopic.php?f=49&t=18464 ). You can try it, it's great!!!

Only problem for me now is that when I press SEARCH button on my Logitech MX620, Search File is opening by default. So even when I reconfigure it with BNTX pressing on that button cause two actions: the one I defined in BTNX and another action is default action (opening Search File). I tried to disable default action, but I couldn't make it :(
Ertan
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Hardware Support