No SATA 3 on P6X58D Premium

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Sykal

No SATA 3 on P6X58D Premium

Post by Sykal »

I have a P6X58D Premium motherboard that's got two SATA 3 ports that -so far- no distribution has been able to detect. This motherboard is from 2009 so I suppose they did something different since it was one of the first to bring USB 3.0 and SATA 3. I would like to know how to fix this so linux mint 17.1 can see the two SATA 3 ports. I just heard there was a way to do by editing some files but since it never bothered me much, I did not do it. Now I have a storage drive in there that I would like to use to keep my files and use them with Windows and Linux. Any help is appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MartyMint
Level 7
Level 7

Re: No SATA 3 on P6X58D Premium

Post by MartyMint »

The drives are visible in the BIOS?

How are the drives set in BIOS? AHCI?
Sykal

Post by Sykal »

MartyMint wrote:The drives are visible in the BIOS?

How are the drives set in BIOS? AHCI?
They were set to IDE. I now set them to AHCI but linux still does not see them. When I entered the AHCI settings it said "Not Detected" on all drives. I don't know what that means as I'm posting this from the very same machine.
Sykal

Post by Sykal »

Anybody else can help?

Return to “Hardware Support”