Generic UC Logic Graphics Tablet Driver

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
garypaulmint

Generic UC Logic Graphics Tablet Driver

Post by garypaulmint »

First, thank you Mint team for a great operating system. Thanks also to all the forum moderators and contributors. I can usually find anything I need in an existing forum post, but not this time. I purchased a Ugee M1000L graphics tablet. It is a rebranded UC Logic tablet. Functions normally in Windows 7. I am running Mint 17.1 Cinnamon. Happy to provide a hardware profile or run any commands I can run to provide you with more information. I get nothing in Linux. I have been days on the forums for Mint, Ubuntu and Digimend. WizardPen drivers seemed to work briefly (immediately after initial install) and now not at all.
grep -i name /proc/bus/input/devices = N: Name="UC-LOGIC ugee-1000L"
lsusb = Bus 003 Device 002: ID 5543:0081 UC-Logic Technology Corp.
I have used Linux and Mint for years, but would be considered a hobbiest/noob.
Your help is greatly appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Generic UC Logic Graphics Tablet Driver

Post by pdc_2 »

when I google on this topic, I find a portugese post; http://apedenerd.blogspot.co.nz/2014/10 ... -ugee.html

that you can convert with google translate;

seems to me he used this guide which seems quite old...................... I suspect written back in 2009 https://help.ubuntu.com/community/TabletSetupWizardpen

________

a lot of detail there to follow; we got a wacom and it was certainly much more simple to get running

..........more googling..........this time on
ubuntu (UC-LOGIC Tablet
and I find a much more up to date wiki from ubuntu; as you say your device is a UC Logic

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/TabletSetup

but seems you need the wizardpen driver so the above link refers you back to the older link at the top ............. keep us in touch with your progress
garypaulmint

Post by garypaulmint »

Thank you for the prompt response. Although their documentation (in brackets below) states that Linux is not supported, the good folks at Ugee Tablets provided the instructions below (kudos to them for trying and not just brushing off Linux support). The link they provided is the same Portuguese link you provided. That link allowed me to install the WizardPen driver which was only momentarily successful. I have progressed no further since the WizardPen driver install. Any suggestions? Can I gather any system information for you?
< Linux pen cannot control mouse:
1. Please make sure you have install "evdev".
2. Change the file: /user/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-evdev.conf
Command: sudo nano /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-evdev.conf
3. Find the following section:
Section "InputClass"
Identifier "evdev tablet catchall"
MatchIsTablet "on"
MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
Driver "evdev"
http://apedenerd.blogspot.com/2014/10/t ... -ugee.html (This page was helpful also. Translate if necessary)
If the pad worked for you at some point and for some reason it doesn't work while you are in X, just restart X and it will work again. >
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Post by pdc_2 »

Hi garypaulmint:

to be honest, I have no idea from your post what you have or haven't done: so if you can spell out what you did the set this device up:

my reading of the portugese post is:

Step 1: Install the drivers for WizardPen
Step 2: Configure UGEE M1000L

please help us understand where you are with all this..............
garypaulmint

Post by garypaulmint »

First, the good news. Linux Mint has a great, responsive helpful forum community!

More good news. Don't ask me why or how, but yesterday the tablet started working in my Mint 17.1. Installed wizardpen drivers are working. The only thing I can think of that I did differently was use a different usb port (from several known good usb ports) for the tablet.

While I probably still need to do some configuration in the art programs, Inkscape and Krita do respond to the pen and tablet and make marks. That and I can cruise my desktop using the pen and tablet as a mouse (select, move, etc.). No idea how to configure the tablet buttons, but one thing at a time.

I still get nothing in GIMP. GIMP sees it, and allows you to configure the tablet input device, but does not allow it to be used. You can move a cursor around. I have not yet investigated pressure sensitivity in any programs.

You asked for more details regarding the last three weeks of install woes. Variations of errors on the install below have been typical. I loaded a fresh OS (Ubuntu Studio 14.04) on a spare drive and proceeded as below. His instructions are provided in double brackets. My steps and work through and notes are not bracketed and are headed in CAPS.
http://apedenerd.blogspot.com/2014/10/t ... -ugee.html

ONE. Fresh install of Ubuntu Studio 14.04. Default video driver.
a.The Ugee M1000L tablet device is recognized by GIMP, Inkscape. The programs allow tablet input configuration options. You can click to make a dot, but only once. The stylus and tablet do not respond to movement. The tablet and stylus cannot be used as a mouse and cannot be moved around the desktop using the default drivers.

TWO. Digimend WizardPen driver downloaded (xorg-input-wizardpen-0.8.1) and unzipped.
a.Dev packages loaded per the ReadMe in the Driver folder, and installed per the instructions in the Portuguese link above.

[[ 1) Enter WizardPen site here: https://launchpad.net/wizardpen and download the latest driver version.

2) Unzip the file to a temporary folder and the terminal in the folder. After, run the autogen.sh file:

cd / home / [your User] /Downloads/xorg-input-wizardpen-0.8.1
sudo /.autogen.sh ]]

b.Terminal opened at the location of the driver directory.
c.The instructions in the Portuguese link indicate to begin with the sudo /.autogen.sh command. Command not recognized. Right click the Autogen file > Permissions > Allow this file to run as a program. Command had to be changed to sudo ./autogen.sh to execute. Response to the command is below.
./autogen.sh: 9: ./autogen.sh: autoreconf: not found
d.Searched Synaptic for "autoreconf". Found and installed dh-autoreconf package (this should probably be added to the list of dev packages listed as required in the ReadMe).
e.sudo ./autogen.sh now executes to completion.

[[ 3) Set up and run make and make install:

sudo ./configure --with-xorg-module-dir = /usr/lib/xorg/modulesmals
sudo make && make install ]]

THREE. sudo ./configure --with-xorg-module-dir = /usr/lib/xorg/modulesmals executed successfully after removing the spaces at the equals sign. sudo ./configure --with-xorg-module-dir=/usr/lib/xorg/modulesmals

FOUR. sudo make && make install commands not successful due to permission errors. In one of my installs, this command was only successful after Sudo Su.

[[ 4) Check the integrity of the driver with the following command:

ls /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/wizardpen_drv.*

5) If all goes well, you will get the following result:

/usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/wizardpen_drv.la
/usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/wizardpen_drv.so ]]

FIVE. Right click install.sh file in the driver folder > Properties > Permissions > Allow this file to run as a program

SIX.Rerun . The "sudo make && make install" command appears to run, but ends with "make: *** No rule to make target `commands'. Stop." Drivers are not installed in the /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input directory. His Step 4 above, the ls /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/wizardpen_drv.* command, returns "ls /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/wizardpen_drv.*" Under other installs, I received permission errors at this point which I was able to resolved by running again as sudo su.

With several attempts on fresh OS installs, once the drivers are installed, the configuration of the driver (x,y map) runs normally.

[[ Step 2: Configuring UGEE M1000L ]]
With the drivers installed and configured, you either have tablet and pen capability, or nothing, as if the driver is not installed.
dinesh2222202

Re: Generic UC Logic Graphics Tablet Driver M1000L

Post by dinesh2222202 »

Dear All

I am also having the same problem, all configured as per tut, and it shows-up on gimp & mypaint but there is no movement.

I think their is a issue with the touchpad & the graphic tablet.

Any way need to solve this issue, as a linux mint user & an active promoter of linux mint this is not very good news. also that this issue has not been solved by mint or the community.

awaiting for some good news!

Br. Dinesh

Return to “Hardware Support”