gBook

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

gBook

Post by antiquexray »

I was given a Everex gBook laptop, running gOS, recently. Admittedly, it's a low end, but the price was right :) I've tried to run the Mint Live CD, but have a couple problems.

1. I need a screen resolution of 1440 x 900
2. There isn't a driver for the AR5005g wireless card, and apparently it is hard, if not impossible to find.

My questions are, is there an easy way to resolve these issues? BTW, both the wireless and screen resolution work with Ubuntu 8.04.

PS If nothing else, are these drivers easily found, copied from either gOS or Ubuntu 8.04, and loaded using Mint?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: gBook

Post by Husse »

BTW, both the wireless and screen resolution work with Ubuntu 8.04.
Then it should work in Elyssa and probably Felicia too
What I see for the AR5005 in google seems to be from before june 2008 so it seems not to be a problem any more
For the screen resolution try gksu displayconfig-gtk
antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Re: gBook

Post by antiquexray »

Husse wrote:
BTW, both the wireless and screen resolution work with Ubuntu 8.04.
Then it should work in Elyssa and probably Felicia too
What I see for the AR5005 in google seems to be from before june 2008 so it seems not to be a problem any more
For the screen resolution try gksu displayconfig-gtk
Thanks Husse. I'll do some more research. However, I found another problem. Neither Elyssa or Felicia live cds will load. It hangs. After some experimentaion I've found a similiar problem with Ubuntu 8.10, although Ubuntu 8.04 loads fine.

Return to “Hardware Support”