CD not buring

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gbouchar

CD not buring

Post by gbouchar »

I run Linuxmint Flux edition since about 4 weeks. This distro is the more suited to myself and my computer i have found to date. I can do about anything i want (camera, photo, sound, ....).

To day, i tried to burn an iso file. Can't do it. Brasero detect my cd (HL-DT-ST GCE-8320B) but said my disk is full when trying to do the job. The disk is brand new (i tried a few ones). I tried XFCEburn. This one tell me the job is done in 1/10 seconds. It's not done. I reboot into my XP partition (not used since 4 weeks!) and i could burn my iso file.

Where can i look?

Like i said, the cd is detected (i can read from it) but burning is not possible.

Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: CD not buring

Post by Husse »

This is odd.
I don't have a clue right now and not the time to investigate so I have to come back to you
I have seen a few reports of this kind, but it is not a common problem
Husse

Post by Husse »

Thinking of this i vote for a eventviewer alike application which shows the most important log files :wink:
There is one - look for System log in the menu (at least in Elyssa and Felicia)
I agree that the logs is something to look into but in this case I'm not sure it is something that's logged....
Husse

Post by Husse »

Like i said, the cd is detected (i can read from it) but burning is not possible.
Is this a CD-RW?
It may be closed and need to be blanked before you can write

Return to “Hardware Support”