Zen X-fi with m4a files

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
raveyd

Zen X-fi with m4a files

Post by raveyd »

i've managed to get my Creative zen X-fi mp3 player working in linux mint....but I can only transfer mp3 files to it. Amarok will not allow me to transfer m4a files (not protected) and says the files are not playable on the mp3 player. they transfer OK in windows and play no problem on the mp3 player. I've got lots of these files because I used to have an i-pod.

Any ideas what I can do to get m4a files on there (preferably without converting them to mp3)?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Zen X-fi with m4a files

Post by Husse »

Not absolutely sure but it should turn up as a "Mass storage device" so it should be possible to just copy the files - that's what I do occasionally on the family's Zen stone
raveyd

Re: Zen X-fi with m4a files

Post by raveyd »

it doesn't show up as a mass storage device - it needs to be added as an MTP device in Amarok.

I've managed to transfer my m4a's now, by using the Transkode script in Amarok. But its slow.

Return to “Hardware Support”