Will Linuxmint run on an intel compute stick?

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Chiefahol

Re: Will Linuxmint run on an intel compute stick?

Post by Chiefahol »

Wifi card arrived. I now have a mint stick. 8)
pshearer82

Post by pshearer82 »

I stumbled on this when I was looking for an alternative O/S for an Intel® Compute Stick - STK1AW32SC. We had a few of these a customer no longer wanted (they use a different model now) and when we installed the O/S they use, then they paid for the license. Since they are not buying these, I would have to purchase a license or go with Linux. I have used Mint versions on laptops and desktops for a few years now and it does everything I need to there. I found the latest version of mint (19.2) loads and works on this device but is a tad sluggish sometimes. I have only tested it on a monitor so cannot verify the audio yet. I am considering trying some older versions, maybe 32 bit vs 64 to see if others will help it to not lag anywhere. I have a fire stick and a small Dell desktop running mint, both connected to my TV so I can switch between the 2 & utilize a wireless keyboard and mouse for web browsing. Browser on a fire stick is lacking, the way to enter URL's and search for items is frustrating. The plan is to replace the small desktop with this stick for times when I want to use the TV as a monitor. Mint works great with all streaming apps on the Dell but trying to minimize and save space inside the cabinet. So even though this is an older thread, if anyone has any other suggestions as to best version for this device, I would love to know about it.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

pshearer82 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:19 pm even though this is an older thread
You can say that again! As per the forum rules, we don't revive threads here when they are older than 6 months or so. This one is old enough to tie its own shoelaces! :shock:
Please start a new thread, and link to this one if you want. You'll get more visibility, and a better chance of good replies. Welcome and good luck!

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Hardware Support”