Kodak EasyShare C613

Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Kodak EasyShare C613

Postby Rezert on Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:13 am

I'm sorry, I have no idea where to put this so I thought maybe here. Anyways, here is the problem. With Linux Mint 5 Elyssa I could take my sister's camera, plug it in and view the images. I even used Picasa to import them and edit. Here's the problem: I upgraded to Linux Mint 6 Felicia and it doesn't work. The error I get when trying to view an image:

Code: Select all
Error getting file: -1: Unspecified error

I can not edit permissions on the Camera drive. The filesystem type is gphoto2. This also reminds me of a problem I am having with me 500gb Western Digital external. When I try to drag my home folder into it to back my music and pictures up, I get this error:

The specified location is not supported

However, I can just drag my Music folder in there fine. The filesystem for this is msdos. This used to be different on Linux Mint 5 Elyssa. Also: I can not change the name to my external like I used to be able to.

Any help would be extremely appreciated.

~John

P.S. A little more information on the camera problem...here's the error I get when trying to drag an image to the desktop.

Error getting file: -1: Unspecified error

Please note that I can see the image files on the camera. I just can't view the actual image, etc.

Thanks again.
Rezert
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Kodak EasyShare C613

Postby Husse on Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:32 am

You describe two unrelated errors although they look similar
To begin with the external hard drive (USB?) I think it's some kind of permissions problem and it is really minor. I won't work on it unless you have some special need to get it resolved.
The error for the Kodak is way more difficult, I can't find anything about this that makes sense.
As you can see the files try to copy them form the command line
Find out what the camera is called - open the folder in nautilus and in the location bar you'll see it Probably something like
/media/kodak
Open a terminal and move to that location - cd /media/kodak
Then try to copy a file - it's cp name_of_file /home/your_user_name/Desktop (if you want it on the desktop)
Also try as root sudo cp.....
This may bring up error messages that can reveal the problem - a good way to solve many a problem
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Return to Hardware Support