Bluetooth headset

Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Bluetooth headset

Postby Dogs1985 on Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:25 am

i want to ask i use bluetooth applet to connect my bluetooth headset. but i think the default passkey that bluetooth applet is using 0000 (am i right?) . but my bluetooth headset passkey is using 8888, then i need to go where to edit the passkey become 8888?
Dogs1985
Level 1
Level 1
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:46 am

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.
 

Re: Bluetooth headset

Postby hotweiss on Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:46 am

Dogs1985 wrote:i want to ask i use bluetooth applet to connect my bluetooth headset. but i think the default passkey that bluetooth applet is using 0000 (am i right?) . but my bluetooth headset passkey is using 8888, then i need to go where to edit the passkey become 8888?


Does it not ask your for the pass key when you try to pair the two?
hotweiss
Level 4
Level 4
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:12 am
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Re: Bluetooth headset

Postby Dogs1985 on Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:16 am

no. didn't prompt any things to ask me input the device passkey. just direct use 0000, i think many phone is using 0000?
Dogs1985
Level 1
Level 1
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:46 am

Re: Bluetooth headset

Postby hotweiss on Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:30 am

Dogs1985 wrote:no. didn't prompt any things to ask me input the device passkey. just direct use 0000, i think many phone is using 0000?


So what exactly happens when you try to pair the headset? Does it give you an error?
hotweiss
Level 4
Level 4
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:12 am
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Re: Bluetooth headset

Postby Dogs1985 on Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:36 am

directly say paring with headset failed.
Dogs1985
Level 1
Level 1
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:46 am

Re: Bluetooth headset

Postby hotweiss on Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:40 am

Dogs1985 wrote:directly say paring with headset failed.


Sorry for asking an obvious question, but are you first putting the headset into pairing mode?
hotweiss
Level 4
Level 4
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:12 am
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Re: Bluetooth headset

Postby Dogs1985 on Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:52 am

i hold with 8 second, then use bluetooth applet to search it. after see the devices, i directly connect it. i say the message write using 0000 key to connect that devices. after that it display failed to paring that devices.

but the device is using key "8888". not "0000".
Dogs1985
Level 1
Level 1
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:46 am

Re: Bluetooth headset

Postby hotweiss on Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:17 am

Dogs1985 wrote:i hold with 8 second, then use bluetooth applet to search it. after see the devices, i directly connect it. i say the message write using 0000 key to connect that devices. after that it display failed to paring that devices.

but the device is using key "8888". not "0000".


Here is the solution:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... omments/90
hotweiss
Level 4
Level 4
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:12 am
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Re: Bluetooth headset

Postby Dogs1985 on Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:44 am

hotweiss wrote:
Dogs1985 wrote:i hold with 8 second, then use bluetooth applet to search it. after see the devices, i directly connect it. i say the message write using 0000 key to connect that devices. after that it display failed to paring that devices.

but the device is using key "8888". not "0000".


Here is the solution:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... omments/90


it's really work. it will prompt a message tell me to input the pin.
but.. is that really always need a terminal to finish paring with devices? i mean other new devices? cannot fix this bugs?
Dogs1985
Level 1
Level 1
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:46 am

Re: Bluetooth headset

Postby hotweiss on Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:36 am

There is also the option of applying a patch that will allow you to enter any pin:

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

1) download this patch:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... omments/86

2) apply it:

Just download the source of bluez-gnome:
Code: Select all
apt-get source bluez-gnome


Go to the source path of the wizard:
Code: Select all
cd bluez-gnome-1.8/wizard


Copy wizardhack.diff to here and apply the patch
Code: Select all
patch main.c < wizardhack.diff


Configure and build everything, but only install the wizard

Code: Select all
cd ..


Code: Select all
./configure

You probably will need these binaries:
Code: Select all
sudo apt-get install libdbus-glib-1-dev libgtk2.0-dev gconf2 libgconf2-dev libnotify1 libnotify-dev


Code: Select all
make


Code: Select all
cd wizard


Code: Select all
sudo make install


Reboot
Last edited by hotweiss on Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:13 am, edited 5 times in total.
hotweiss
Level 4
Level 4
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:12 am
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Re: Bluetooth headset

Postby Dogs1985 on Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:48 am

hotweiss wrote:There is also the option of applying a patch that will allow you to enter any pin:

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

1) download this patch:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... omments/86

2) apply it:

Just download the source of bluez-gnome:
Code: Select all
apt-get source bluez-gnome


Go to the source path of the wizard:
Code: Select all
cd bluez-gnome-1.8/wizard


Copy wizardhack.diff to here and apply the patch
Code: Select all
patch main.c < wizardhack.diff


Configure and build everything, but only install the wizard
Code: Select all
cd ..

Code: Select all
./configure

Code: Select all
make

Code: Select all
cd wizard

Code: Select all
sudo make install


can you compile a upgrade version and upload to mintupdate, so i can easily update it.
Dogs1985
Level 1
Level 1
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:46 am

Re: Bluetooth headset

Postby hotweiss on Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:05 am

I'm using the 64 bit version now, but I just edited the instructions and included all of the dependencies that were asked for.
hotweiss
Level 4
Level 4
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:12 am
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.
 

Return to Hardware Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 20 guests