Lost with Wake on Lan from Suspend / Shutdown

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.

Lost with Wake on Lan from Suspend / Shutdown

Post by Guest »

Hello fellow Minters,

i've have problem with Wake on Lan (GA- MA78Gm-S2H). Its simple not working. I've tryed almost everything - correction of init.d/halt + rc0-9.d + deinstallation of netwokmanager and new driver for r8168 was probed also... Stil not working.

Some details : Linux Mint 6.0 installed from Live CD to HDD. System consist only with GA- MA78Gm-S2H, 2 Gb Kingston 667 DDR2 and HDD WD500gb. Everything works perfect. Really everything - even Video.even after suspend ( S3 STR ). So i can perfectly suspend and wakeup PC from Keyboard, mouse, Knob on the BOX...but not with WOL :( Furthermore - ethtool -s eth0 wol pug with following poweroff -f sets PC in intresting stance - if i just plug rj45 from behind off PC and right after plug it back - PC starts like it should. Just poweroff -f is not very good idea for data consistancy :) With suspend - its not works with WOL. Simple no reaction at all. So is there a sophisticated solution to it? I need it really bad for my NAS. :(

Thank you in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Lost with Wake on Lan from Suspend / Shutdown

Post by Husse »

Is WOL activated in BIOS?

Return to “Hardware Support”