interface pings but brower not connecting

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mintyfresh....not

interface pings but brower not connecting

Post by mintyfresh....not »

i just loaded mint 6 up on to my computer (dell latitude d620) and my on-board NIC can ping but i can't browse with firefox, or download anything.
also, the drivers for my wireless interface weren't even installed. you can see it through iwconfig, but it comes up as down through ifconfig.
so i typed ifconfig wlan0 up to bring it up but i get an error saying the device isn't there. so because of that i think it's the driver.

im new to linux so i need some help, thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
hoe

Re: interface pings but brower not connecting

Post by hoe »

Assuming you have windose on that computer you will probably find the driver on the windose partition in Windows>Driver Cache ending with .inf . You could go to the Control Panel and use "Windows Wireless Drivers" to install the driver and browse to the driver location in windose or copy it to your desktop and browse to it there.

Wayne
mintyfresh.... not

Re: interface pings but brower not connecting

Post by mintyfresh.... not »

thanks for the help i couldn't find the file there but was able to find it under dell drivers and now i have it working thanks again for the help

Return to “Hardware Support”