Multi monitor support (i have 12 monitors,,,)

Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Multi monitor support (i have 12 monitors,,,)

Postby Eurex on Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:26 pm

Hey,
i've installed mint as a duel boot with windows XP SP3... My problem is that i have 12 monitors on my workstation and i can only get one monitor to work (i'm a derivatives trader incase you're wondering why so many monitors). My second problem is that when i select to boot up windows xp, the screen that says 'starting up' appears but windows never loads, it just hangs on this screen.

I have no experince using linux, this is kinda of an experiment after a discussion i was having with someone over lunch, and basicly i've ended up the lab rat... altho, even tho my monitors are not all working, i much prefer mint to windows :)

So how can i get the rest of my monitors working? Also another problem is that a peice a software that we use to input our orders into the market requires Sun JVM version 1.4.2.0.3 - how can i get this for mint?

Any help would be much appreciated, altho i only really have saturday to get all this sorted, otherwise i'm going to have to do a full format and return to windows so i can trade on monday.

Many thanks...
Eurex

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Multi monitor support (i have 12 monitors,,,)

Postby Husse on Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:07 am

Ah - this is Sunday so it's too late I suppose....
I have absolutely no idea how you can have 12 monitors on one PC regardless of operating system
I guess you use some kind of "dock" for the physical access....
However to get Sun JVM is no problem - well....
I found
On October 30, 2008 J2SE 1.4.2 reached the end of its service life (EOSL).

Of course to get another version is simple
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Return to Hardware Support