Nvidia GEForce 700m POWERMIZER (linux mint 5 xfce)

Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Nvidia GEForce 700m POWERMIZER (linux mint 5 xfce)

Postby alkastan on Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:34 am

Hi,

I have quite oftenly some screen freezes on my laptop ASUSF5N and no key combination as ctrl+alt+backspace work, the only way is to make a brutal reboot.... (I tried all key combinations already)
I already managed all tweaks to lighten RAM use and also use Kpowersave to permit CPU (Athlon Turion64) to be ondemand level (so it runs normally at 800 MHz and with applications like Flash 2000 MHz).

Still these freezes appear, so I think last possibility is GPU...

I heard about the possibility of Powermizer but when I modify Xorg.conf and add option "collbits" "1" then at next log, it freezes and can only start in low resolution mode...... all explanations from this post don t work.... http://aldeby.org/blog/index.php/nvidia ... aving.html :-(
I had a look in configuration of my powermizer in Nvidia server settings,
performance level is everytime on 2 (even if no application is opened), and no possibility to choose another level....
Performance mode is on: Desktop and no possibility to choose another level....
GPU clock on 350 MHz and Memory clock on 666 MHz.
And thermal monitor is around 65˚c

1) are my parameters normal?
2) if no, do somebody know a solution how to configure this powermizer or another solution to have lower temperature on GPU?

Thanks in advance

Linux Mint rocks!

Alkastan
alkastan
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Nvidia GEForce 700m POWERMIZER (linux mint 5 xfce)

Postby alkastan on Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:45 am

I see that nobody knows about it....
Finally I found that coobits option works only on Nvidia cards FX.... http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/L ... dix-b.html
And concerning other tips, they are working but only when laptop is on battery mode...

So see you for other tweaks

:-)
alkastan
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Hardware Support