Logitech Dual Action Game Controller

Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Logitech Dual Action Game Controller

Postby AndyP79 on Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:57 pm

Hi All,
okay, I am on my second controller. this one is a Logitech Dual Action Controller. What do I have to do to get it to work? I have no response to it. I am new to this stuff, and I am trying to use it on a ZSNES emulator, and I would think Mario would be something that it worked on, but.........
The older you get the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin man! L-I-V-I-N!
AndyP79
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Logitech Dual Action Game Controller

Postby Husse on Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:31 am

This was a tricky one - all I find is from 2007 and earlier (even if there are some posts from 2008)
BUT - the one post of any relevance I found may have the solution
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Joyst ... tputs_done
There is even a fdi-file for it
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Logitech Dual Action Game Controller

Postby AndyP79 on Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:28 pm

Husse wrote:This was a tricky one - all I find is from 2007 and earlier (even if there are some posts from 2008)
BUT - the one post of any relevance I found may have the solution
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Joyst ... tputs_done
There is even a fdi-file for it

Sorry for the delay in responding. But after various posts on the ubuntu site also, this is what I got. You have to configure it in ZSNES! HAHA!! I actually hade emailed the man responsible for originally creating the code s for controllers at logitec, and he let me know that just about every controller tody is already in the codes. I even had reloaded Mint fresh a couple of times. Then after some posts asking again, a simple response. You have to configure it from WITHIN ZSNES! Use your mouse, to navigate the menu at the top, and when you get the configure screen, when it says press for up down left right, a, b, x, y, buttons, just use the controller. Simple It only took me a week and a half, and two controllers to figure out that was all I had to do, no code, no terminal, no files, no tar.gz. Just tell ZSNES what buttons you want to use.

I hope this helps anyone else who is having the same problem. I feel a little silly because it was so simple in the end. But, I am playing my games now.

Good Luck
The older you get the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin man! L-I-V-I-N!
AndyP79
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Hardware Support