Video not working on Dell Inspiron 1100

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rivenought

Re: Video not working on Dell Inspiron 1100

Post by rivenought »

When you first boot the Live CD while the screen says "Loading...," press any key to enable a new menu to pop up. Using "compatibility mode," see if that makes a difference in booting. I have to do this with one of my machines.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rivenought

Post by rivenought »

I am glad you have the Fluxbox edition up and running. I neglected to ask how much RAM you had. That can most often cause the Live CD to get stuck or run extremely slow. Have fun.
dwpbike

Post by dwpbike »

same song, different verse, same ending. "sudo apt-get install 915resolution" gets me a message that while this is a known item, it is no longer around. i then did the copy/paste with the bold text. i then get the xorg problem message on start up that i am familiar with from ubuntu. then i get nothing. after a struggle, i delete everything but the "failsafe" file in etc/X11. two reboots later, i get full screen. it scared me.
dwpbike

Post by dwpbike »

while the video is working, the laptop is averse to staying up for long. i noticed activity kept it alert longer. so i started system monitor. a 15%+ load on cpu, even when otherwise idle. system monitor did allow me to "see" the processor at 100% for 10-15 seconds when bringing up a webpage. while the problem is "solved", the future is bleak.

Return to “Hardware Support”