HP NC2400 works good in KDE-CE but why not in XFCE-CE?

Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

HP NC2400 works good in KDE-CE but why not in XFCE-CE?

Postby Bicycle-Rider on Wed May 13, 2009 7:40 am

Hello everybody,

I recently got myself a nice HP NC2400 Subnotebook. I installed The KDE-CE on it just for checking out KDE (usually I prefer XFCE). And it worked mostly flawless. The neat touch-sensitive controls for volume and WIFI worked. But as I was fed up with KDE for several reasons (I rather like it slick and fast than flashy and luxurious) and wanted to switch back to XFCE, those controls didn't work anymore at all. Neither in live-CD-mode, nor after the installation. But as I installed KDE-CE again and got XFCE over APT, they worked again, but now I didn't had the neat preconf with wich XFCE-CE comes usually.

So the problem is: why do the controls work in KDE-CE, and not in XFCE-CE? And how can I get them to work in the latter as well?
Bicycle-Rider
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: HP NC2400 works good in KDE-CE but why not in XFCE-CE?

Postby Bicycle-Rider on Thu May 14, 2009 6:46 pm

Help me ... please. I get more and more problems with KDE every day :-( .

Today after a dist-upgrade it lost its knetworkmanager-tool, so I need to configure my networking by hand, and can't connect to my WPA-secured WLAN at home, because I don't know how to set the WPA-encryption-Key :roll: . And those desktop-widgets (of which I liked the picture-frame) stopped working yesterday for no particular reason :| .

Help ...
Bicycle-Rider
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Hardware Support