Kodak Digital Camera

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
repease

Kodak Digital Camera

Post by repease »

I have a Kodak Z1012 IS digital camera that I am trying to get working with Mint 7. Any idea if there are any special drivers or applications that I need to make this work? :?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Kodak Digital Camera

Post by pdc_2 »

increasingly, cameras "work" when you plug them in; you have used a USB connection, and plugged directly into the computer? (A USB hub can interfere with camera recognition: I had that problem with my Panasonic;) For my Panasonic, I went into the menu, and set the connection in the camera to be PTP and that allowed the computer to spot it; (and you selected the switch on the camera for computer download, rather than take photo?) With our recently installed Mint system, the computer recognised the Panasonic; opened the camera up as a memory device, and also asked which programme we wished to use: I selected F-Spot;

if still no joy, with your camera plugged in and turned on; type
lsusb
and post the results back to the forum:

I haven't done a google search on your camera: I am taking the assumption that most digital cameras will eventually work; you could google search on "linux configure Kodak Z1012 IS" and see what you get ..........

Is Mint 7 not a development release?

Return to “Hardware Support”