Wireless adapter stopped working

Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Wireless adapter stopped working

Postby LiamSP on Fri May 29, 2009 8:17 pm

Hi, I just recently installed my wifi adapter through ndiswrapper (no it's not mad wifi compatible and doesn't have a manufacturer linux driver). It worked fine at first for about 2 boots, then my adapter just no longer appeared in the network manager. The drivers still said hardware present when I checked with ndiswrapper. My device worked completely fine, the internet functioned properly then just stopped. I googled it and found a thread over at the ubuntu forums that said to remove from modprobe then add again (modprobe ndiswrapper -r, modprobe ndiswrapper). That didn't work. So I uninstalled the drivers and than reinstalled them again doing exactly what I did the firs time. Restarted and still no response. Something to take note of though would be that I installed a few programs through mintInstall (notably wine) and installed the linux ati driver for my video card. Here are my specs:

Wifi adapter=TP-Link TL-WN620G
mobo: Asus and Fujitsu-Siemen P5SD2-FM
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHZ HT Prescott core
Video Card= ATI Radeon 4350

The driver for the vid card was installed through Envy-NG

Linux Mint version 6

Software installed before the problem started: A few assorted 3D games, Wine, Wine-door (a wine GUI), updated firefox.

I didn't update Ndiswrapper, its the same version that ships with Mint 6.

Thanks in advance!
LiamSP
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Wireless adapter stopped working

Postby LiamSP on Sat May 30, 2009 9:16 am

Sorry I forgot to mention that the wifi adapter is a USB card.
LiamSP
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Hardware Support