More ATI trouble with drivers

Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

More ATI trouble with drivers

Postby esplosion on Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:48 pm

Running an ATI Radeon 2400 pro HD and having some trouble. When Jaunty came out I decided to give it a go. These issues were present there as well. When Gloria came out I figured, as Mint is my preferred distro, that I would give it a shot at the card.

Anyway, install goes fine and it just loads general drivers, no 3d support etc. If I try the restricted drivers that it suggests or if I use Envy to install what it thinks is best, that's when I run into problems. I run 2 monitors and with either of these methods I have trouble. The second monitor, when I run basically anything, will flicker sections constantly and the machine basically responds as slow as possible without completely freezing. 3d etc still doesn't work. I have to take about a 5 minute journey to get to whichever way I installed the driver and get it removed, then relog to get it back to normal.

I would really prefer to use Mint on my workstation, but some things with work require higher graphics functions so I am afraid I have no choice but to stick with XP unless I can get this figured out. I posted on the Ubuntu forums when this happened with Jaunty and I never got any response at all, so hopefully this works out better, since I would prefer to use Mint anyway. Any ideas?
esplosion
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: More ATI trouble with drivers

Postby Solhatt on Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:10 pm

Looks like Ati owners are screwd if they use mint 7 :( I can't put my comuter to hibernate. When i wake up the pc again it only load my desktop wallpaper and my cursor and nthing more and then i have to use the REISUB command=/ even worse if i put my pc in sleepmode. When i resume i will only get a black screen and have to use REISUB command again
Solhatt
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Hardware Support