Bluetooth keyboard connectivity issue

Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Bluetooth keyboard connectivity issue

Postby imthemp3king on Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:17 pm

Hello All,

I have a Microsoft Keyboard Elite for Bluetooth and Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer for Bluetooth. I can pair both up with my Lenovo Thinkpad T60p without the use of the dongle. The mouse will always come back to life after a couple of click or moving it around. The keyboard however, doesn't respond after a period of time and does not reconnect on reboots. It will still show up in the bluetooth application, and if I hit a key it will show that it is connected. But i get no output from the keyboard unless I remove it, twice, from the bluetooth application and re-pair it with my laptop. This is extremely frustrating and I hope someone can offer a solution that will help. I have tried the blueman application as well, but in the end the keyboard responded the same way.
imthemp3king
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Bluetooth keyboard connectivity issue

Postby Husse on Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:29 am

I can pair both up with my Lenovo Thinkpad T60p without the use of the dongle.

So you use the built in bluetooth - try to use the dongle instead
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Postby imthemp3king on Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:05 am

Thanks for the reply, so far you are the first person who has actually replied to my issue on here and at the Ubuntu forums. I am currently using both Ubuntu 9.04 and Linux Mint 7, trying to see which one I prefer. I have been using Ubuntu since version 6.10 and Bluetooth worked fine (with a little work) on each release up until an update was release for 8.10, at which point this time out issue has continued to happen. Yes, I could use the dongle, but I don't feel I should have to since it was working fine in the past and only stopped working somewhat recently. Am I still able to pair the bluetooth devices the manual way? I have been trying to use the bluetooth application but was wondering if I should be trying to do this in terminal.

Thanks for your help

Mike
imthemp3king
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Husse on Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:15 pm

I know too little about bluetooth, but I would not use it for keyboard and mouse given what I've heard
I suggested the dongle mostly because I think it may be specially made for keyboard and mouse thus working better
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Postby imthemp3king on Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:45 am

I have actually ditched my bluetooth keyboard for the time being because it became too frustrating to have to reconnect it multiple times a day. Thanks for your replies
imthemp3king
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Hardware Support