SDHC not recognized Mint 7 solved

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Re: SDHC not recognized Mint 7

Post by Husse »

You have to tell us more facts.
We need to know a bit about all your hardware.
Run " lspci " in a terminal and post here (to avoid misunderstanding - the first character is a minor L and you copy by marking with the mouse and then right click)
Some wifi and possibly built in sound can be connected to USB even if they are internal - if you suspect you have one of these run " lsusb " in a terminal.
Also tell us if this is using mint4win or not, quite important
This is a standard answer so it may not be fully applicable to your situation
Is the card reader integrated?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

About USB - I have found several wifi cards connected to USB even if they were internal....
Run

Code: Select all

lspci -vvnn
And post the sections for Jmicron
Jmicron is not fun.... (even in Windows :))
Husse

Post by Husse »

No kernel modules for the last one?
Run the live CD or Felicia and run the lspci -vvnn there and see if there's a kernel module for the 02:00.3 one
If yes that's the problem and I don't really know what to do - but that's for later
If there is none let's try something - and I can tell you there seems to be problems with this controller
In a terminal a couple of commands

echo "options sdhci debug_quirks=1" | sudo tee /etc/modprobe.d/sdhc.conf

echo "options pciehp pciehp_force=1" | sudo tee /etc/modprobe.d/pciehp.conf
This creates two files with the above content

echo "pciehp" | sudo tee -a /etc/modules
This adds (because of the -a switch) to /etc/modules
Its important that the commands are executed exactly as above so copy them to the terminal (you have to right click to paste in the terminal, but as you have copied from it you know that)
This is for Gloria only and it is a solution for Intrepid/Felicia that I have adjusted
I can't tell if it works or not but it is easy to revoke - just put sudo rm in front of the two paths to files in modprobe.d and then edit /etc/modules as root

Return to “Hardware Support”