Belkin Mini Bluetooth Adapter F8T016ng

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jamesthelibertine

Belkin Mini Bluetooth Adapter F8T016ng

Post by jamesthelibertine »

Hi, I have read forum after forum and I cant get this to install!! am running Mint Gloria. Has anyone else got this adapter and got it working? or anyone no how to get it working?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Belkin Mini Bluetooth Adapter F8T016ng

Post by Husse »

With the dongle connected run lsusb (l is a lower case L) and post
If you get an ID for it you can start searching for that and Linux
jamesthelibertine

hi, i did that and the id i got was 050d:016a and i tried searching that in goggle and there was a few pages but i did not understand any of it am quite a new user so any other help or information would be great thank you
Husse

Post by Husse »

I have no experience with Bluetooth but I have bought a dongle to learn a bit
You say to install - what do you mean by that?
I have seen that Blueman solves a lot of problems
jamesthelibertine

hi been reading up about blueman so I tried to follow this http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=15575 but i keep getting this error now W: GPG error: http://ppa.launchpad.net intrepid Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 6B15AB91951DC1E2
W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems

any one got any suggestions?
Husse

Post by Husse »

Someone else had that error on I think the same ppa and that was a temporary "hickup" on the server
You should be able to install anyway with the --force-yes option but I don't recommend it

Return to “Hardware Support”