Nvidia GTX 275

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
markcynt

Nvidia GTX 275

Post by markcynt »

Many people are having problems with this card in Linux. Nividia does not have a driver for this particular card for Linux yet.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/search. ... id=2119152
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DrHu

Re: Nvidia GTX 275

Post by DrHu »

markcynt

Post by markcynt »

There is no beta driver for the card either. If you actually search for the driver on the Nvidia driver page for that card you will get "No Results".

The only reason I looked into this at all is a friend of mine can not get his to work right and he knows what he's doing. The card simply isn't supported in Linux at this time.

I posted this to hopefully help someone who may be considering purchasing the card.
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

markcynt wrote:There is no beta driver for the card either. If you actually search for the driver on the Nvidia driver page for that card you will get "No Results".

The only reason I looked into this at all is a friend of mine can not get his to work right and he knows what he's doing. The card simply isn't supported in Linux at this time.
There is no beta driver for the card either
a friend of mine can not get his to work right and he knows what he's doing
..So do I

Sorry it does give a result when you search for gtx 275 with the download drivers form,. and ALL or Beta, I used All
http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_disp ... 90.16.html
markcynt wrote:I posted this to hopefully help someone who may be considering purchasing the card.
I don't think that helps when the information provided is not correct,
--there obviously is an nvidia Linux driver for that video card type, how well it works or not is another question.
Last edited by DrHu on Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
markcynt

Post by markcynt »

I stand corrected, but selecting "All" still gave me "No results". Selecting "Beta" however, pointed to that driver.

I wonder why there is no mention of that particular driver in the Nvnews forum?

Now I see why. It was released today!

As for your snide remark about helping i say FYTP.

Return to “Hardware Support”