Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Have installed Mint of my 2 laptops without issue, and a very impressed, but am having some challenges with media PC.
Its connected to a 32" LCD TV as the monitor which uses 1366x768 resolution but I can't get it to run at this level. Was previously running PCLOS with a manual update to xorg.conf and worked fine. i even copied the xorg.conf settings across to Mint but can't get it working.
My 2 questions are:
1. How can I manually set the resolution to 1366 x 768 outside of xorg.conf ? There doesn't appear to be another way to force settings ?
2. How do I stop mint auto resetting the resolution at boot based on the attached monitor ? I can get it running at 1024 x 768 on an external monitor which will upscale on the TV (even if a bit ugly) but when I reboot the system with the LCD attached it tries to go to a different setting outside of the displayable range.
- Level 1
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:34 am
You have to tell us more facts.
The minimum is exactly which Mint you have - which version and which edition (main or any of the CEs)
We also need to know a bit about all your hardware.
Run " lspci " in a terminal and post here (to avoid misunderstanding - the first character is a minor L and you copy by marking with the mouse and then right click)
Some wifi and possibly built in sound can be connected to USB even if they are internal - if you suspect you have one of these run " lsusb " in a terminal.
Also tell us if this is using mint4win or not, quite important
This is a standard answer so it may not be fully applicable to your situation
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
- Level 21
- Posts: 19703
- Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:22 am
- Location: Near Borås Sweden
Users browsing this forum: exploder, Google Adsense [Bot] and 14 guests