No Sound!

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jlr1701

Re: No Sound!

Post by jlr1701 »

The instructions for reverting back to ALSA sound are at the end of that document. But... good luck. I did the same thing and now I too have no sound on my system. The "test" buttons in the Sound applet in the Control Center give me sound, but I get no sound out of anything else. I am probably going to end up doing a format/reinstall to try to set things right. I too am fairly new to Linux and generally love it, but my frustration level is getting high as well. Sound in Linux is a nightmare (as hardware support generally is), and I usually end up going back to Windows because everything JUST WORKS! Don't really want to do that because Windows has its own issues (many of them) and it's not nearly as cool as Linux is, but I might be forced to do so until Linux supports modern sound cards such as the Sound Blaster X-Fi much better and much more easily than it does now.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Hardware Support”