LX-3000 USB Headset

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Azati Prime
Level 2
Level 2

LX-3000 USB Headset

Post by Azati Prime »

I have a Microsoft LX-3000 usb headset that has worked great in Windows. When I plug it in, Vista immediately recognizes it and lets me switch over with a few mouse clicks. I figured out some weird work around in Linux to get the headset to work by running PulseAudio Device Chooser, looking up the long name of the headset, and entering it as the default sink. I have to do this every time I switch between the headset and the speakers. Is there an easier way to do this? It seems like such a simple thing that Vista does so well.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: LX-3000 USB Headset

Post by Husse »

I'm working on this
I have a few headset questions and my own does not work so I'm on it - without success so far
Azati Prime
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Azati Prime »

Great to hear. That's probably one of the few bugs that's keeping me from using Linux more.
Husse

Post by Husse »

This was harder than I thought - still looking for an answer
Husse

Post by Husse »

I was thinking of a script at first, but I did not find a way to make a script
It's HAL that does not do it's thing (or Dbus) so I have started thinking about what to do along those lines - takes time, I'm sorry
I have tons of questions to answer....
Husse

Post by Husse »

Working on it ....
Husse

Post by Husse »

I found that some settings are probably being kept in the hidden .pulse folder in home
Deleting it could help - can't test I don't get any music right now :shock:
I think you should be able to create an alias for the long name, but I don't find the post on how to do that I looked at the other day
Edit: Finally found it and modified it slightly
Make a bash script with the content
[code#! /bin/bash
pactl load-module module-alsa-sink device=long-name-of your headset sink_name=usbheadset
pactl load-module module-alsa-source device=long-name-of your headset sink_name=usbheadset
[/code]
and put it on your desktop (don't forget to make it executable)
The source part is only useful if you have a microphone
Run this and see if you can use the alias (or sink_name) - if you can use the alias you can put the lines in rc.local - of course not #! /bin/bash
(gksu /etc/rc.local)
This should at least make it a bit easier

Return to “Hardware Support”