Permenantly change permissions of /dev/raw1394?

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
shayney

Permenantly change permissions of /dev/raw1394?

Post by shayney »

I've added raw1394 to my /etc/modules but I can only capture from my camcorder by either running dvgrab/kino etc using sudo or change permissions on /dev/raw1394.

As this file is dynamic I'm not sure how to make the file permanently accessible as a regular user?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
miket

Re: Permenantly change permissions of /dev/raw1394?

Post by miket »

Hi !

You could add:

Code: Select all

chmod 777 /dev/raw1394
to your /etc/rc.local script just above the last line which *MUST* be exit.
This will then be run each time the PC is booted and will change the priv's on /dev/raw1394 to read/write for everyone.

Let me know how you get on!

MikeT.
shayney wrote:I've added raw1394 to my /etc/modules but I can only capture from my camcorder by either running dvgrab/kino etc using sudo or change permissions on /dev/raw1394.

As this file is dynamic I'm not sure how to make the file permanently accessible as a regular user?
shayney

Re: Permenantly change permissions of /dev/raw1394?

Post by shayney »

The camcorder isn't with me at the moment to try it but I've checked permissions after a reboot and /dev/raw1394 is now accessible by everyone according to the permissions so I don't see any reason why it won't work now.

Mant thanks :D

Return to “Hardware Support”