No Sound in Gloria

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Craig_Dem

No Sound in Gloria

Post by Craig_Dem »

Hello,

I have been using Gloria since release and there has never been sound on it, I think it is related to ALSA because when I go to Sound and turn my preferences to Logitech Logitech (No typo) USB headset USB audio (OSS) and click test, I get the noise back. Also worth noting is that I do get sound from RhythmBox and Skype, my microphone on the headset also works with skype. I do not get any sound back from testing Logitech Logitech USB headset USB audio (ALSA).

My headset is the Logitech Clearchat Pro USB.

Is there anything I can do to rectify this problem?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Kaye

Re: No Sound in Gloria

Post by Kaye »

Why not switch to OSS if it's working? I did, and everything is perfect for me.

Guide
Craig_Dem

Post by Craig_Dem »

After doing that, it now says that the Headset is not connected.

But in ossx, it does show an output volume in firefox, which is a step forward.

Edit: I now get the beep from selecting OSS4 - USB sound device play.
Kaye

Post by Kaye »

If it appears that things are mostly as they should be, I would advise you to post on the 4Front forum, because they'll know much more than most of us. Also, with OSS, it'll sometimes be necessary to configure individual apps to run with a sound architecture other than ALSA (although most programs will recognize the change automatically), so keep that in mind.

Return to “Hardware Support”