linux mint 7 KDE problems

Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

linux mint 7 KDE problems

Postby Crazy_Dave on Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:16 pm

I had downoaded linux mint and opened it with 7-zip. I double clicked the setup file and it began to download files. After that point it installed linux mint 7 KDE . There was no DVD involved in the process.
When I restarted my laptop it showed win xp home and linux mint 7 KDE as the 2 OS choices. I clicked linux. At that point it installed itself for the first run.
It comes up ok and looks GREAT, but it WILL NOT connect to the internet wirelessly. I have tried it in 2 dif locations with no luck. I had put the wireless card drivers on a flash drive and installed them through that. STILL no luck. Is there something I'm missing here?
I spent 4 hours downloading it and installing it. I REALLY would NOT want to uninstall it based on that issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN card in a compaq presario M2000 laptop.
Crazy_Dave
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: linux mint 7 KDE problems

Postby Crazy_Dave on Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:28 pm

Crazy_Dave wrote:I had downoaded linux mint and opened it with 7-zip. I double clicked the setup file and it began to download files. After that point it installed linux mint 7 KDE . There was no DVD involved in the process.
When I restarted my laptop it showed win xp home and linux mint 7 KDE as the 2 OS choices. I clicked linux. At that point it installed itself for the first run.
It comes up ok and looks GREAT, but it WILL NOT connect to the internet wirelessly. I have tried it in 2 dif locations with no luck. I had put the wireless card drivers on a flash drive and installed them through that. STILL no luck. Is there something I'm missing here?
I spent 4 hours downloading it and installing it. I REALLY would NOT want to uninstall it based on that issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN card in a compaq presario M2000 laptop.

I have updated information about my wireless card. This came straight from HP live support:

Wireless Connectivity 54g 802.11b/g WLAN with 125HSM/SpeedBoosterSupport

Any Ideas on where to find a driver for linux for this specific card and chipset ?
Crazy_Dave
Level 1
Level 1

Re: linux mint 7 KDE problems

Postby KG60 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:54 am

http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/b43/devices

Download and install the b43 driver and everything should work fine.
KG60
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Hardware Support