Acer Aspire One Hybernation.

Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Acer Aspire One Hybernation.

Postby capheind on Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:12 pm

Has anyone gotten Hybernation working on the acer aspire one? I'm working from a fresh Mint 7 install and everything else seems to be working fine and groovy, but it won't go into hybernate or suspend when I close the case, despite having specified this behavior in power management, and it won't go into hybernate at all if I do it manually, it seems like it is, then it comes right back up. Is this happening to anyone else? Any tips on how to get this working properly. I tend to just close my notebook and go and this kinda puts a damper on it...
capheind
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Acer Aspire One Hybernation.

Postby lagagnon on Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:49 pm

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AspireOne

(about half way down that website page...)
lagagnon
Level 7
Level 7

Postby capheind on Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:50 pm

lagagnon wrote:https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AspireOne

(about half way down that website page...)

Thanks. Looking at the documentation i think it might be that I don't have a swap partition. I generally don't bother with one when I have enough ram as I stick to CLI apps that don't really hit the ram hard in the first place, and I guess I just forgot that it is where things are stored during hibernation, so I'm making a nice big fat one. I'll post if that resolves the issue.
capheind
Level 1
Level 1

Postby capheind on Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:19 pm

Well giving it an actual swap partition seems to have resolved that, I can now put it into hibernation manually, but I still can't get it to go into hibernation or suspend when I close it, no matter what I set in power management. Not a big deal to do it manually, just a little annoying.
capheind
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Hardware Support