Acer Aspire One Hybernation.

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
capheind

Acer Aspire One Hybernation.

Post by capheind »

Has anyone gotten Hybernation working on the acer aspire one? I'm working from a fresh Mint 7 install and everything else seems to be working fine and groovy, but it won't go into hybernate or suspend when I close the case, despite having specified this behavior in power management, and it won't go into hybernate at all if I do it manually, it seems like it is, then it comes right back up. Is this happening to anyone else? Any tips on how to get this working properly. I tend to just close my notebook and go and this kinda puts a damper on it...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lagagnon

Re: Acer Aspire One Hybernation.

Post by lagagnon »

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AspireOne

(about half way down that website page...)
capheind

Post by capheind »

lagagnon wrote:https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AspireOne

(about half way down that website page...)
Thanks. Looking at the documentation i think it might be that I don't have a swap partition. I generally don't bother with one when I have enough ram as I stick to CLI apps that don't really hit the ram hard in the first place, and I guess I just forgot that it is where things are stored during hibernation, so I'm making a nice big fat one. I'll post if that resolves the issue.
capheind

Post by capheind »

Well giving it an actual swap partition seems to have resolved that, I can now put it into hibernation manually, but I still can't get it to go into hibernation or suspend when I close it, no matter what I set in power management. Not a big deal to do it manually, just a little annoying.

Return to “Hardware Support”