64 bit driver for Lemark x2630?

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Capt Turk

64 bit driver for Lemark x2630?

Post by Capt Turk »

Has anyone ever found a linux driver for the Lexmark x2630 all in one printer? I'm not even too worried about making the scanner work. I'd even take a driver for another lexmark printer that is compatible enough to at least get it to do basic printing.

I would go buy an HP if I could find one here. I'm in Costa Rica, and the only printers available locally are Lexmark, unless I want to pay big bucks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
matthewnportner
Level 1
Level 1

Re: 64 bit driver for Lemark x2630?

Post by matthewnportner »

This should get you on the right path let us know if you need more help! :)
MaddogF16

Post by MaddogF16 »

http://support.lexmark.com/index?page=c ... 7443893697

Linux Distros Installation

Two ways to install the driver packages on Linux systems:

A. Running the GUI installer script in the terminal:

1. Open up your favorite terminal (xterm, konsole, gnome-terminal, etc), for EeePC, press Ctrl+Alt+T
2. Extract the zip file
3. Use the following command to install the driver

RPM-based distros:

#./lexmark-inkjet-[xx]-driver-1.0-1.i386.rpm.sh

DEB-based distros:

# ./lexmark-inkjet-[xx]-driver-1.0-1.i386.deb.sh

4. Follow the instruction in the installation screen.

B. By double-clicking the script file:

1. Extract the zip file.
2. Double-click the script file.
3. Click Run in Terminal button to run the installer.
4. Follow the instruction in the installation screen.
Capt Turk

Post by Capt Turk »

I've already tried all these. They all fail, saying that it's an incompatible operating system. I've tried the .deb's, the .tar, both for everything listed. Get the same results everytime. No cigar. :(
MaddogF16

Post by MaddogF16 »

What errors were you getting while trying to install? Dependency errors? The exact error and it's wording will generally give us some clues as it seems others have been able to get it installed.
matthewnportner
Level 1
Level 1

ill look at it too but errors wll help if it needs repacked from source we will look at it.
Capt Turk

Post by Capt Turk »

2. Supported Operating Systems:
-------------------------------
openSUSE 11
Ubuntu 8.04
Debian 4
Asus EeePC OS
gOS
Foresight

Note: 32-bit support only.

The installer fails and gives me a small failed window. Because the installer window is so small, and when the failed window comes up, it locks and will not let me scroll to see what it says, I am unable to get any more information from it. In the first part of the installation, I can scroll to read the text there. I found the above there.
matthewnportner
Level 1
Level 1

yeah that 32bit support note is key ill look into that more for you but may not be likely atm...
Capt Turk

Post by Capt Turk »

Thanks Matthew.

I'll confess to being a linux newbie. I do have a question about this. What is involved in recompiling this for 64 bit? I guess the source code for the driver would be needed first. Is there some way that the i386 driver could be recompiled from the .tarball without actually having the source code itself, or is there some way to make the i386 driver work on 64 bit? Several times. I've come across commands for forcing an install.

Return to “Hardware Support”