Linux Mint (Is this possible???)

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ipernar

Linux Mint (Is this possible???)

Post by ipernar »

I ran until now illegal copy of Windows 7, it was simply too trashy and boring so i decided to install Linux Mint.
I was shocked when I realised that all works out of the box, screen, keyboard, mouse, sound, USB wifi simply everything. I still cant understand why its so simple. Regarding installation, i think it was too fast, same with starting. Its simply too fast!

I wonder my self why was i so stupid to use illegal win7 when i could use free, faster, better and more secure system Linux Mint.

I mean... When I see how good is it, i think I wouldnt use Windows even if they paid me to do so or gave out free copys. Open source rocks... Forgive me Bill Gates but Linux is much better!

One more thing I dint need to instal flash or java. Even idiot could run this system. Its even easier then windows, I give my thanks to each person that developed it. God bless you all!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Amos

Re: Linux Mint (Is this possible???)

Post by Amos »

if you were like me I tried linux a few years back and had a terrible experience went to Windows for a couple of years later and now I hit mint and yes its great, for me I went to linux again as Windows was boring although win 7 works nice I cant be bothered with all the activate buy this buy that virus spyware etc, and I would say mint does work out of the box to an extent so things do need tinkering with and if you got old or new hardware then it may or may not work with it, just take using linux with small steps put xp on a virtual box so you can make the transition to linux even better
ipernar

Post by ipernar »

Sir my transition is over, Mint is what i searched for a long time!
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

Welcome to LinuxMint, guys!!

My eyes have been opened ... I've seen the light! LinuxMint rocks!!
linuxfreedom32
Level 1
Level 1

Post by linuxfreedom32 »

I gave up on Windows forever ago. I've been using Mandriva Linux for the last few years, which I love.
Installed Ubuntu a few times, but couldn't get past all that brown.......even if I could change it. Just so dang ugly.
Ran into Linux Mint somehow a couple weeks ago and felt the need to install it right away.
Aside from a few small issues, I absolutely love it. I will never go back to Win$ows, though I do have it installed through Virtualbox......you know, in case I need uhh, something for school, yeah, that's it, school. Anti-virus this, Anti-spyware that, blah blah blah, DRM blah blah blah, activation, yeah, whatever. Not going back, ever.

I love Linux, and Mint is certainly a new home for me. Now if only I could finally get my roommate to stop using Windows.
Linux is peace, Windows is slavery.
fletcher

Post by fletcher »

I love Mint, too. I used Ubuntu for a short time, but I hated the brown, and couldn't run some of my media. Linux Mint has been great for me ! I'm never going back to Windows.

I'm switching my mom's computers over, too. Although I'm running PCLinuxOS on hers because it works better for her job. And I do have to keep Windows on one of her machines for billing software that she needs that I have not yet got working in WINE.
David Hunter
Level 3
Level 3

Post by David Hunter »

linuxfreedom32 wrote: I will never go back to Win$ows, though I do have it installed through Virtualbox......you know, in case I need uhh, something for school, yeah, that's it, school.
You know, <violates forum rules> works perfectly fine in Mint as well. :lol: :lol: :P
Thanks beyecixramd!
Husse wrote:Actually I've never broken a Linux I have managed to install - but there are a few I never managed to install :)

Return to “Hardware Support”