Mouse problems: Sluggish at times, then over-sensitive.

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mzsade
Level 5
Level 5

Mouse problems: Sluggish at times, then over-sensitive.

Post by mzsade »

Gloria

Hi, i had this problem when i had Jaunty before, it develops over time, sometimes a single click works as a double click, at other times the response is extremely sluggish, i have to click several times on a link/button before it works. Right click is even more troublesome, have to click like mad before i get the context menu. I went to Control center>>Mouse and tried different combinations of Acceleration, Sensitivity and double-click timeout but it didn't make any difference. Firefox freezes at times and the mouse stops working altogether for a minute or so when everything greys out, but that's another issue, i suspect.

BTW this may or may not be related: I recently installed Blender 2.49b from a deb package and couldn't rotate the view with the middle mouse button. Ran "xev" and confirmed that there was no response to a middle button click there too. So i set the Visual effects to None, restarted Blender and it worked! That's taken care of for all practical purposes, but i would appreciate knowing how that came to be, i.e. do the Desktop effects have some bearing on the mouse function?
Linux User #481272 Reg: 15th Sept., 2008

This has got to be a bug, hence i am deleting this post from the Hardware section and reposting here.

Edit by Husse / moved to Hardware - no bug
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Mouse problems: Sluggish at times, then over-sensitive.

Post by GrayWizardLinux »

I have observed this as well. Never happened with the other versions. Weird.
Linux Mint - Pure Bliss!
mzsade
Level 5
Level 5

Post by mzsade »

Thanks for confirming that this is not a figment of my imagination, GrayWizardLinux; so what do we do about it, i mean about the troublesome left and right mouse buttons?
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

Post by GrayWizardLinux »

I should have commented clearer - the buttons work fine - I get the sluggish and non-responsive/stuck trackpad mouse now and again...

That is all. an 1-2 windows opening -so not a big load on the machine.
Linux Mint - Pure Bliss!

Return to “Hardware Support”