Mint 8 crashes alot

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Rifter

Mint 8 crashes alot

Post by Rifter »

Hello all, i think i need some help.

I installed Mint 8 Main 32bit and have been having some trouble getting it stable.

When i first installed it i would get crashed within the first min where there would be some funny colored lines on the screen and it was completly locked up, cant use keyboard to reset had to manually restart. I thought this was a video problem due to the lines so i installed the restricted drivers(you know when you click on that icon in the system tray and activate the drivers) This made it alot better, now it will run for 20-30 min before crashing but still does the same thing eventually. Also tried the ATI 9.11 catalyst drivers and does same thing, makes it 20-30 min then crash. I have downloaded all updates.

Hardware specs:
AMD 7750BE(dual core 2.7Ghz)
ASUS M3A78-EM(AMD 780G chipset)
4GB DDR2 800Mhz
500GB HDD

This is a server and everythhing in BIOS i dont need is disabled. Not overheating as CPU temp read from bios after crash is never over 38c.

I am using the intergrated ATI/AMD 780G for display(HD3200) through D-sub connector.

Any help would be great.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Rifter

Re: Mint 8 crashes alot

Post by Rifter »

thought it might be the IGP overheating as i herd they get hot and my northbridge does not have a fan just a big heatsink so i underclocked it from 500mhz to 400mhz, will let you know if it crashes again.
Rifter

Re: Mint 8 crashes alot

Post by Rifter »

Crashed again, next stop Mint 7 lets see if that works.

Return to “Hardware Support”