Help with NVIDEA GT 220

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Help with NVIDEA GT 220

Post by exploder »

I am having some issues with the NVIDEA GT 200 I just installed.... When I shut down or restart the splash screen gets multicolored lines across the bottom third of my screen. I am using Mint 8 x64 and my monitor is an HP 25" wide screen HDMI. I have installed the NVIDEA drivers using "Hardware Drivers", (Jockey). Anyone know a fix for this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
markcynt

Re: Help with NVIDEA GT 220

Post by markcynt »

Here's the recommended drivers for your card.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

I could not get the recommended drivers to install. I even tried the 195.53 drivers from a ppa and I got a dependency error. Mandriva One 2010 has drivers that work but there is no pae enabled kernel so only 3.2 GB of my 4 GB of RAM is recognized... I stayed up till 5:00 am trying to get this machine to work right.... So far Mandriva One is the only thing that work half way decent with this hardware. I just can't win with this thing. :(
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

Have you tried it via the DVI connection ?
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

Have you tried it via the DVI connection ?
Yes, it made the problem even worse... Even Mandriva wouldn't work right with the DVI cable.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

I just looked at what driver Mandriva is using, it is using the 185.18.36 driver. Mandriva must be doing something different with the kernel modules because I am not having any issues at all with graphics in it. I also noticed that in the NVidea Display Settings that my monitors refresh rate is set right in Mandriva, it is set slightly lower in Mint 8 or anything Ubuntu 9.10 based.

Return to “Hardware Support”