Logitech QuickCam Pro 5000

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
twalace

Logitech QuickCam Pro 5000

Post by twalace »

Does anyone know how to get this webcam to work in Mint 7? Works ok under the video Test but when I go to a site like Stickam the video is very dark and messed up?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Logitech QuickCam Pro 5000

Post by Husse »

Search the forum for QuickCam
There may be a solution, but I have just tried to find a solution for someone else with limited success
twalace

Post by twalace »

Husse wrote:Search the forum for QuickCam
There may be a solution, but I have just tried to find a solution for someone else with limited success
Let me know if you come across something that works. Tried another webcam and both work fine on windows XPSP3 but when I try to run them on Mint or Ubuntu they don't work...
Husse

Post by Husse »

Will do - webcams are still a bit tricky, the support is not as good as one would like
twalace

Post by twalace »

This looks like it's some sort of "flash" problem thus far as I am not getting the allow message from Adobe when I visit Stickcam or Ustream. Sype appears to be fine as I get a video image from my cam but haven't tried a call yet...

Still can't figure this one out???
Husse

Post by Husse »

I suppose it's a USB cam
Please connect it and run lsusb and post here
lsusb -v only the section for the cam would also be helpful
In case it's really internal run lspci -vvnn and post the section for the cam - only that
We need to know the USB ID, but as I wrote I have just tried to find a solution for someone else with limited success but by now that's all forgotten
twalace

Post by twalace »

Bus 001 Device 007: ID 1e4e:0100
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 413c:3200 Dell Computer Corp. Mouse
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub

This is what I got after running lsusb...
Husse

Post by Husse »

Was the cam connected?
Or is it an internal cam? Run lspci and see if you find it there
It's strange that it's not in lsusb if it works to an extent and is USB
twalace

Post by twalace »

Cam is connected, it's an external USB cam not internal.

This is what I got when I ran lspci:

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 82915G/P/GV/GL/PL/910GL Memory Controller Hub (rev 04)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82915G/GV/910GL Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 04)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) PCI Express Port 1 (rev 03)
00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) PCI Express Port 2 (rev 03)
00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) USB UHCI #1 (rev 03)
00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) USB UHCI #2 (rev 03)
00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) USB UHCI #3 (rev 03)
00:1d.3 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) USB UHCI #4 (rev 03)
00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller (rev 03)
00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 PCI Bridge (rev d3)
00:1e.2 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 03)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FR (ICH6/ICH6R) LPC Interface Bridge (rev 03)
00:1f.1 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) IDE Controller (rev 03)
00:1f.2 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FW (ICH6/ICH6W) SATA Controller (rev 03)
40:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5751 Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express (rev 01)
Husse

Post by Husse »

lspci was revealing
It's slightly (more than slightly actually) older hardware
There are four USB 1 controllers (UHCI) but only one USB 2 controller (EHCI)
The chances are that the cam is on USB 1 and might benefit from moving to USB 2 (or possibly the other way round, but I really don't think so)
twalace

Post by twalace »

How can I see which one the cam is on to try USB 1 & 2 and see if there is a difference?
Husse

Post by Husse »

Unless it's stated on the computer with a label you have to look in the manual to see which connectors are which
If only one gadget is connected to USB you might see it by switching connectors and

Code: Select all

lsmod | grep ehci
but I doubt it, I don't have ehci or uhci loaded even if USB is in use
twalace

Post by twalace »

Tried all the USB ports with no change. This looks like some sort of flash issue as the status bar on the bottom of Firefox says it's still "Transferring data from..."; after this finishes loading running XP the cam video appears.

Think I will try a different browser like Opera and see what happens.
twalace

Post by twalace »

Well downloading the Opera web browser didn't help matters, it's doing the same thing. There is something going on that's not allowing the page to finish loading and allowing you to setup the settings under Flash for the mic and video cam.

Hate to give up on Mint but I am thinking about installing XP as I know this already works on another computer... :evil:
Husse

Post by Husse »

Could you please explain how flash comes into the picture and what you are doing - I don't follow you there

Return to “Hardware Support”