Problems touchpad - Dell and Mint

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lyricsdaddy

Problems touchpad - Dell and Mint

Post by lyricsdaddy »

Hi. I am pretty new to Linux, so please try to keep that in mind as you offer suggestions. Example: if there's a command line, please let me know where to put it.

Anyway, I just installed Linux Mint on my laptop. Have it on my desktop and works great. My lappy works well, except I dont have my touchpad mouse available. I can plug in a USB and it works fine, but I would rather use the touchpad.

Hardware:

I have a Dell Latitude C840.

2.0Ghz Intel Pentium 4 Mobile CPU
1 GB Ram
60GB Harddrive (Fresh install of Linux - nothing else on harddrive)
Most of the usual options.

I have tried some of the other fixes, but nothing has worked. I dont know if its something I am doing wrong, which is quite possible, or if I need to try something else.

Thanks alot for any help!!!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
teamgs

Re: Problems touchpad - Dell and Mint

Post by teamgs »

Greetings,
Sorry, but I don't have a solution. This is just a post to let you know that you are not alone, as my inspiron 5000 also has intermittent TP issues after a new Mint 8 install. If you look for my previous posts, you will find some links that may help you.

I have been able to get it to work sporadically (I.e. have the OS detect it), but haven't isolated what is going wrong/right specifically as of yet.

Good Luck!

Gary

Return to “Hardware Support”