Ethernet woes [SOLVED]

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
syber_sid

Ethernet woes [SOLVED]

Post by syber_sid »

I've been unable to connect to the internet in Mint so far, despite using the same details in the wired ethernet menu that I use in Windows (automatic doesn't work either). I've begun to suspect that it's a problem with the drivers present not correctly supporting my motherboard.

Has anyone else had this problem, is there a fix? My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-790XTA-UD4.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Ethernet woes

Post by remoulder »

This seems to be an issue for some users. Unfortunately the released kernel seems to have some bugs in this respect which may be fixed in updated kernels but without internet access it might be difficult to get these.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
syber_sid

Re: Ethernet woes

Post by syber_sid »

I've got it working now. I didn't even change anything, just started up Mint and it worked :o
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Ethernet woes [SOLVED]

Post by remoulder »

Glad you got it working. :)
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.

Return to “Hardware Support”