HP Sound Help Please RESOLVED

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

HP Sound Help Please RESOLVED

Post by tdockery97 »

I have an HP laptop model G61-511wm and like so many other hp owners, have the problem of the sound only coming through the headphones and not at all through the speakers. I have searched the forums and tried many of the recommendations such as adding the commands to the alsa-base.conf file, etc., but none of it seems to work. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I am using Mint 8 main. Am I supposed to disable Pulse Audio somehow? I rarely use the speakers, but there are times when I would like to so it is at least marginally important for me to find a fix.

I finally found it. One of the Mint Forum posts from an HP-DV4 owner did the trick. He said to modify the alsa-base.conf with the following: options snd-hda-intel model=hp-dv5 (regardless of the real model). My headphones AND speakers now work perfectly!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Re: HP Sound Help Please RESOLVED

Post by Oscar799 »

Glad you found a solution to the problem. :P

Return to “Hardware Support”