Card Reader: MMC is okay not XD

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
JohnH
Level 4
Level 4

Card Reader: MMC is okay not XD

Post by JohnH »

g'day all,

I can no longer load my XD cards under Bea. Any clues as to why this is not longer working?

Regards
John
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Card Reader: MMC is okay not XD

Post by scorp123 »

JohnH wrote:g'day all,

I can no longer load my XD cards under Bea. Any clues as to why this is not longer working?

Regards
John
If you boot a different live CD, let's say LinuxMint 2.0 "Barbara" (just to check if it would work again with the release before "Bea") or something like Knoppix or the new FedoraCore Live CD, does it then work?

If it works with "Barbara" but not "Bea": then this is a bug that wasn't yet there in "Barbara" but was introduced with "Bea".

If it doesn't work with "Bea" or "Barbara", but it works e.g. with Knoppix or FedoraCore Live: then this is a bug that was already present before.

If it the cards don't work at all on your system with any live CD's I suggested, but they do work elsewhere (e.g. on a friend's system): might be a local problem or incompatibility between the reader, the card and the OS. Reformatting the card under Linux might fix this (make sure you backup the contents of the card before that!)

If the cards don't work at all with any live CD's I suggested, not even on different systems, but everything is fine with Windows: There is a incompatibility ... maybe some DRM stuff that got added somehow (I had this myself with "Secure Digital" SD cards ...). Reformatting the card in question under Linux might fix this (copy the contents before you do that!)

If the cards don't work at all, not on any Linux Live CD, not on Windows, and no matter what other system you try: your card is most likely broken. Return to store and/or buy a new one.

Hope I covered it all? :D

Regards,
Scorp123

Return to “Hardware Support”