UPS Thermal printer -LS2844

Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

UPS Thermal printer -LS2844

Postby gbarquero on Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:08 pm

Hello
We setup a computer with Linux Mint and it works great. The only problem is to make it print the UPS labels for shipping. The printer is a Zebra LS2844.
We use the UPS Online to process our labels, and it gives you the option to print to this printer. Mint recognized the printer and shows 3 different drivers. One of them work, but when the label prints is either printed on the wrong direction (Landscape<-->Portrait), or if it prints on the right direction, the margin is 1/2" too much to the left. I tried changing all the settings an changing margins but it won't fix the problem.
If any body has any experience on this, I'd appreciate any help.

Thank you,

Gus
gbarquero
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby Husse on Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:45 am

I have waited to answer in the hope someone else would. There is so little information about this very specialized printer on the net that I can't find a way to help you.
I have printed similar labels with a laser printer (but from Windows) and had some initial problems. Is there some way to change the paper track (is htat the right word?) to the left? I've had printers were I had to physically manipulate a bit to get it working.
Sorry for this, it seems that this type of label printer is common in the US so I'd like to have a solution
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Return to Hardware Support