Trouble building new Hplip drv for HP Photosmart[Solved]

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jmro3006
Level 1
Level 1

Trouble building new Hplip drv for HP Photosmart[Solved]

Post by jmro3006 »

I'm a relative newbie attempting to build an hplip-3.9.12 drv on an Alienware Aurora 64-bit computer(new) with an i7 cpu and 6 Gb of RAM. The problem occurs in the "configure" step of the process (Step 4). In Step 4 after issuing the ./configure command everything proceeds smoothly until the final: "configure: error: cannot find net-snmp support (or --disable-network-build)." The printer I'm trying to build for is an HP Photosmart 3310 AIO and the connection is wireless and I'm using Linux Mint-8-x64 . I would appreciate any help as I am not very experienced in this 'build' process!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Trouble building new Hplip drv for HP Photosmart 3310

Post by remoulder »

I don't understand why you need to build the driver when the HP installer does it automatically? http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/in ... index.html. Also your printer should work out of the box or are you wanting the newer features?
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
jmro3006
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Trouble building new Hplip drv for HP Photosmart 3310

Post by jmro3006 »

Remoulder:
Thanks for your reply! I'm trying to get full functionality for the printer. I solved the problem by adding additional software to LM8 via "aptitude install" statements B4 attempting to do the configure.

Return to “Hardware Support”