Macbook 5,1 Trackpad

Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Macbook 5,1 Trackpad

Postby likespie on Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:54 am

I'm a new Linux Mint user, and new to Linux in general. I've finished installing Helena with the x64 kernel on my macbook, and I find the trackpad is very touchy when dealing with the 'tap to click', but without it, I don't have a convenient way of right clicking. So, my question is, is there a way to disable dragging windows by tapping the trackpad, or disabling the primary click while still being able to secondary click?

Any input is appreciated. Thank you.
likespie
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Macbook 5,1 Trackpad

Postby remoulder on Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:08 am

likespie wrote:I find the trackpad is very touchy when dealing with the 'tap to click'

Do you have a touchpad tab in mouse settings, can you change tap-to-click there? If so and it's not giving enough control, install gpointing-device-settings via synaptic. If not is your touchpad only recognized as a mouse?
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Macbook 5,1 Trackpad

Postby likespie on Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:04 pm

remoulder wrote:Do you have a touchpad tab in mouse settings, can you change tap-to-click there? If so and it's not giving enough control, install gpointing-device-settings via synaptic. If not is your touchpad only recognized as a mouse?

The setting is there, I just liked the tap to click for the secondary click only, but I've went ahead and disabled it.
likespie
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Hardware Support