8 x64 Doesn't ever recognize keyboard or mouse

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
buddhaflow

8 x64 Doesn't ever recognize keyboard or mouse

Post by buddhaflow »

Hey everybody,

I've got a tricky problem that I don't know where to start fixing.

I am on a C2D in Korea. I have had a lot of trouble running ANY linux on this box. I kept getting an ACPI error and kernel panic right after booting from CD.

Finally, finally, I got into a desktop - using my favorite distro, Mint.

But, all is not wine and roses, because the keyboard and mouse are both totally unresponsive!

In fact, I can't even access the liveCD boot options. It's just totally unresponsive from the moment the cd starts to boot.

The keyboard is PS2, mouse is USB.

Any suggestions? Where do I even start? I am just DESPERATE to get mint to work, instead of suffering through #$(*#&$ Korean lanugage Vista :'(.

Cheers,
Sasha Shepherd
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
holastickboy

Re: 8 x64 Doesn't ever recognize keyboard or mouse

Post by holastickboy »

Hi mate, I had a similar problem when I installed Linux Mint 8 x64 (it's with all Linux distros too though) and I managed to get it working after a bit of fiddling with the boot options. Basically, my mouse and keyboard wasn't working because it couldnt "enumerate the device" or basically and error -110. I wrote a post about this on these forums that you can find here at this link: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=38423

I hope that this provides some help :)

Return to “Hardware Support”