Monitor Displays "No Signal"

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Zephera

Monitor Displays "No Signal"

Post by Zephera »

Hey,

I just installed Linux Mint, and it booted fine. I turned off my computer, for about 10 minutes and when I went to turn it back on my monitor is throwing a "No Signal" at me. It seems to boot up fine, MOBO has a green light, ALL fans on my CPU/GPU/CASE are all working fine the HDD is even processing information as though its booting up I'm just not getting any signal feed to the monitor. Even though nothing was changed to the state of the computer this error happened. I did everything I could basically think of, I moved the cable from on DVI Slot to the other, with no avail. I even went so far as to pull out my Graphics Card, and attempt to run it on the integrated video that also didn't work. Could a simple OS install have fried my mobo? Do you think, Gonna do a mobo check later to test to see if I'm getting a beep with no RAM on the mobo. Just curious as to if anyone has any other input in the matter.

Any help is appreciated, Sadly I need my computer for school, if nothing works I may have to go buy a netbook *sigh*

Thanks in Advance!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
beefstu

Re: Monitor Displays "No Signal"

Post by beefstu »

Does the monitor turn on at all during startup, for example in the first few seconds or is it always off?

On the menu on the monitor, is there an option to select Digital or Analogue signal?

Try putting the Mint CD in the computer and rebooting if it booted from that before, its possible that an update stopped your graphics from working as it was a new install and there were lots of updates at the start. Do you happen to have another monitor around, possibly a VGA one, just to try that out?

Hope one of these helps

Return to “Hardware Support”