Can I speed up my mouse using xorg.conf?

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
AdamFirst
Level 2
Level 2

Can I speed up my mouse using xorg.conf?

Post by AdamFirst »

I have a Logitech MX400 mouse running on a Helena desktop. It isn't slow by the standards of most people, but I like a faster mouse. I have maxed out the slider for acceleration in "mouse preferences".

Is there more I can do using xorg.conf? Perhaps, I should ask, is there more I can easily do using xorg.conf?

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bobcollard

Re: Can I speed up my mouse using xorg.conf?

Post by bobcollard »

AdamFirst wrote:I have a Logitech MX400 mouse running on a Helena desktop. It isn't slow by the standards of most people, but I like a faster mouse. I have maxed out the slider for acceleration in "mouse preferences".

Is there more I can do using xorg.conf? Perhaps, I should ask, is there more I can easily do using xorg.conf?

Thanks.
Open synaptic Package Manager and type in gpointing in the search. It is an applet, full name "gpointing-device-settings" it works on mice and touchpads. see if that makes a difference. After installing it you can access it via terminal or put it in your startup applications. Some make up a short script or create a launcher.
AdamFirst
Level 2
Level 2

Post by AdamFirst »

Thank you, Robert.

I installed gpointing... and accessed it via the terminal, but the gui will only allow me to configure "middle button emulation" or "wheel emulation". :(
bobcollard

Post by bobcollard »

AdamFirst wrote:Thank you, Robert.

I installed gpointing... and accessed it via the terminal, but the gui will only allow me to configure "middle button emulation" or "wheel emulation". :(
I thought there was speed and sensitivity in there. You could try gsynaptics, but there have been problems with ubuntu needing something added and it is going to be retracted before long.

Return to “Hardware Support”